The Program & Events Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of all Live Baltimore program events in accordance with Live Baltimore’s standards. As a member of the programs team, the Program & Events Manager participates in collaborative efforts to recruit and retain Baltimore City residents. He or she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization to be accountable and responsible for projects as assigned.
- Plans and oversees Live Baltimore’s program events, including, but not limited to Live Baltimore’s Trolley Tours (3 per year), Charter Waitlist Fair (1 per year), and Six O’Clock Sessions (1 or more per month)
- Creates tour routes and narrations, through research and collaboration, to highlight Baltimore City’s thriving residential neighborhoods
- Researches event venues and vendors, evaluating competitive bids and managing contracts as needed
- Works within established budgets, keeping detailed financial records and adhering to Live Baltimore’s financial policies
- Directs Live Baltimore’s graphic designer in updating event-related materials
- Collaborates with Live Baltimore’s communications team and external vendors to ensure optimum event registration and attendance
- Compiles, maintains and reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual event statistics
- Analyzes trends in event attendance and attendee satisfaction, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions
- Assists the Executive Director and Program Director with fundraising events, including, but not limited to Live Baltimore’s Annual Baltimore’s Birthday Bash
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing volunteers
- Recruits new volunteers
- Maintains volunteer database using Salesforce CRM
- Ensures adequate volunteer staffing at all Live Baltimore events
- Plans and coordinates volunteer responsibilities at all Live Baltimore events
- Conducts trainings to ensure optimal volunteer performance
- Builds and maintains relationships with strategic partners, including, but not limited to neighborhood associations, CDCs, homeownership counseling agencies, and Baltimore City’s Office of Homeownership
- Regularly updates strategic partners on event schedules and details
- Attends events as a representative of Live Baltimore in the absence of or in addition to the Executive Director and Program Director
- Collaborates with Live Baltimore’s Program Assistant on daily customer inquiries
- Assists Live Baltimore’s customers in registering for and successfully attending events
- Coordinates event attendee follow-up, including the planning and execution of Trolley Tour incentive lotteries (3 per year)
- Builds and maintains relationships with Trolley Tour incentive winners, ensuring successful utilization of incentive funds
Live Baltimore’s team is small and collaborative. All staff perform other duties as assigned.
- Must reside in Baltimore City at the time of application and throughout employment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required
- Two years of related experience is required, preferably in planning and managing large-scale and complex events
- One year of experience in technical production of large-scale events is preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to relate with diverse groups
- Must be organized and demonstrate ability to work independently, multi-task, function effectively in a fast-paced environment, and show great attention to detail
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required
- Must have transportation for evening and weekend events and for tour route creation
- Proficient computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet maintenance, and email systems is required
- Experience with Eventbrite is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is preferred
- Experience with ArcGIS mapping software is preferred
To Apply for This Position:
- Send a cover letter, with desired salary range, and resume to email@example.com. Please specify “Program & Events Manager” in the subject line.
- The deadline to apply is September 13, 2019. Consideration of qualified candidates will begin immediately.
- No phone calls please.
- Live Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.