March 14, 2016 - From the Blog
Get to know our newest Live Baltimore team members with a good old fashion round of 20 Questions! This installment features Carrie Baniszewski, Business Relationship Manager.
1. How long have you lived in Baltimore City?
2. Which neighborhood do you currently live in?
3. Are you a homeowner or a renter?
4. If you had to live in a different Baltimore neighborhood, which would you choose and why? (Pretend money is no object.)
We are still exploring neighborhood options to buy a home but if I had to pick right now, Upper Fells Point is near the top of the list.
5. Best thing to do in Baltimore City on a Saturday night…Go!
We have an infant son, so I would have to say, getting food delivered from one of Baltimore’s many amazing restaurants, binge watching House of Cards, and picking out the landmarks we recognize.
6. What is still on your Baltimore “to-do” list?
So many things! (refer to question 5)
7. Who is your favorite Baltimore mascot: Mr. Boh, The Oriole Bird, Poe (the Raven), someone else?
8. What one piece of advice would you give to someone moving to Baltimore from out of town?
Honestly, check-out Live Baltimore’s website. We spent hours on the website researching neighborhoods before we moved here, it was a huge help.
9. Which Baltimore restaurant have you visited most?
Being new, there is a not a lot of restaurants I have been to more than once yet (there are so many to try) with one exception, Pierpoint, their pumpkin pierogies are to die for!
10. What is your preferred mode of transportation?
11. How many places have you personally seen John Waters out and about?
I saw Mr. Waters at the Pigtown Festival in October
12. Besides Live Baltimore, what other local nonprofits do you support?
The last seven months have been so busy with new city, new baby, and now new job. I am looking forward to finding a cause and organization soon that I can lend my time to.
13. Pets? Kids? Roommates? Who shares your life in the city?
My partner William and our six month old son, Spencer.
14. What is your superpower?
The ability to see beauty and potential where others see blight or lost causes.
15. Which Baltimore celebrity (past or present) would you most like to have dinner with?
Reggie White, as a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan, he was one of my childhood heroes.
16. What is your favorite locally made product?
I am not sure this counts, but after spending eight years in the landlocked Midwest, I love having access to fresh seafood. I have yet to eat a crab cake in Baltimore that I didn’t love.
17. What is one thing you want the world to know about Baltimore?
Despite of what you might hear in the news, Baltimore is, without a doubt, the friendliest place I have ever lived.
18. What is one thing you’d still like to learn about Baltimore?
Oh my word, EVERYTHING! I am so looking forward to spring and nice weather so I can really explore and learn every quirky thing I can about this city
19. What three words best describe your work personality?
Creative, passionate, driven
20. What excites you most about joining the Live Baltimore team?
Getting to learn more about the neighborhoods in Baltimore and being a part of an organization whose mission and passion is so parallel to my own.