October 13, 2015 - From the Blog
Get to know our newest Live Baltimore team members with a good old fashion round of 20 Questions! This installment features Ross Hackett, Customer Outreach and Event Manager.
1. How long have you lived in Baltimore City?
1 year and 3 months!
2. Which neighborhood do you currently live in?
3. Are you a homeowner or a renter?
4. If you had to live in a different Baltimore neighborhood, which would you choose and why? (Pretend money is no object.)
Reservoir Hill. The location is perfect with access to Druid Hill Park, the homes are beautiful, and the community is active and strong!
5. Best thing to do in Baltimore City on a Saturday night…Go!
Live music at a venue in Station North.
6. What is still on your Baltimore “to-do” list?
The Baltimore Lantern Parade in Patterson Park.
7. Who is your favorite Baltimore mascot: Mr. Boh, The Oriole Bird, Poe (the Raven), someone else?
I actually think mascots are terrifying…They make me nervous because they’re too expressive, you don’t know who is in there, and I never understand how I’m supposed to interact with them. If I HAD to choose one, it would be Mr. Boh, but only because I like his beer.
8. What one piece of advice would you give to someone moving to Baltimore from out of town?
Forget what you know about the stereotype of city residents being unfriendly, selfish, or miserable. People here really are outrageously friendly and welcoming. It’s easy to find community in Baltimore and you will quickly feel like you belong.
9. Which Baltimore restaurant have you visited most?
I have probably frequented “The Dizz,” a neighborhood spot in Remington, the most.
10. What is your preferred mode of transportation?
Right now, my own two feet, but with the new Purple Route extensions, it is soon to be the Charm City Circulator.
11. How many places have you personally seen John Waters out and about?
I saw him at The Beatnik once just after I moved here. I didn’t want to bother him, but maybe I should have said hi.
12. Besides Live Baltimore, what other local nonprofits do you support?
The Neighborhood Design Center, Youth Empowered Society, and International Rescue Committee.
13. Pets? Kids? Roommates? Who shares your life in the city?
I share my life in the city with 4 roommates that are all doing inspiring work for Baltimore at different nonprofits in the city!
14. What is your superpower?
I can fall asleep anywhere and am able to sleep through literally anything.
15. Which Baltimore celebrity (past or present) would you most like to have dinner with?
Ira Glass. Ideally, he would then make a podcast about our dinner afterwards.
16. What is your favorite locally made product?
17. What is one thing you want the world to know about Baltimore?
We have one of the strongest, weirdest, most accepting music and arts scenes out there.
18. What is one thing you’d still like to learn about Baltimore?
I’d like to explore and spend more time in all of the urban parks.
19. What three words best describe your work personality?
Focused, compassionate, and goofy.
20. What excites you most about joining the Live Baltimore team?
The opportunity to be creative and collaborate with fellow city-lovers.