First-Time Homebuyers Incentive Program
The First-Time Homebuyers Incentive Program (formerly Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Homeownership Assistance Program) provides $10,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance to eligible first-time homebuyers purchasing a home in Baltimore City. First-time homebuyers purchasing in City-designated “Impact Investment Areas” can receive an additional $10,000, for a total of $20,000 in assistance.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before making an offer on your home.
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- You must contribute at least $1,000 of your own money to your home purchase.
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed the current FHA mortgage limit of $517,500 for a single-family home.
- You must apply and be approved prior to closing on your home. Program funds are not retroactive.
- Household income cannot exceed 80% AMI
- First-time homebuyers only
- Requires a “Housing Quality Standard” (HQS) inspection
- Fixed-rate mortgages only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted.
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.