Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program
The Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program is intended to attract potential homebuyers to seven Central Baltimore neighborhoods by providing down payment assistance to moderate-to-low-income buyers. These neighborhoods include: Abell, Barclay, Charles North, Charles Village, Greenmount West, Harwood, East Baltimore Midway, Old Goucher, Oakenshawe, Remington, and Wyman Park.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before closing on your home
- You must live in this home as your primary residence
- You must apply and be approved prior to closing on your home. Program funds are not retroactive
- Household income cannot exceed 100% AMI
- Not limited to first-time homebuyers
- Geographic restrictions apply. You must purchase a home within one of the seven Central Baltimore neighborhoods listed above
- Fixed-rate mortgage only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted
- The loan is due on the sale of the property or refinancing of the first mortgage
- The home may have up to 4 zone residential units
- 2-4 unit buyers must have landlord education provided by a HUD-approved organization
- Incentive commitments will be valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Borrowers must complete the purchase transaction before the commitment’s expiration date to secure Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive financing.
- You can not have an ownership interest remaining in another residential property at the time of settlement on the new purchase.
- No mixed-use properties unless permitted under FHA 203(k) program
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Central Baltimore Partnership
Director of Community Projects
410.244.1775 (office) | 203.644.7862 (cell)
We're here to help.
Have more questions about this or other Baltimore City homeownership incentives? We're here to help! Send us an email or give us a call at (410) 637-3750. A Live Baltimore team member can walk you through your options.Contact Us
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.