Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program
The Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program is intended to attract potential homebuyers to seven Central Baltimore neighborhoods by providing down payment assistance to moderate-to-low income buyers. These neighborhoods include: Old Goucher, Barclay, Charles North, Harwood, Remington, and Greenmount West, as well as East Baltimore Midway. The purpose of this incentive is to maintain income diversity while encouraging potential residents to live closer to their places of employment.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before closing on your home
- You must live in this home as your primary residence
- You must apply and be approved prior to closing on your home. Program funds are not retroactive
- Household income cannot exceed 100% AMI
- Not limited to first-time homebuyers
- Geographic restricitons apply. You must purchase a home within one of the seven Central Baltimore neighborhoods listed above
- Fixed-rate mortgage only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted
- Loan is due on sale of the property or refinancing of the first mortgage
- The home may have up to 4 zone residential units
- 2-4 unit buyers must have landlord education provided by a HUD-approved organization
- Incentive commitments will be valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Borrowers will need to complete the purchase transaction prior to the commitment’s expiration date in order to secure Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive financing.
- You can not have an ownership interest remaining in another residential property at the time of settlement on the new purchase.
- No mixed use properties unless permitted under FHA 203(k) program
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.