Fallen Hero Tax Credit
The Fallen Hero Tax Credit provides property tax relief to the surviving spouse of a “Fallen Hero,” an individual determined by the Fire and Police Employee’s Retirement Systems to have died in the line of duty pursuant to applicable provisions of the City Code. The amount of the credit is 100% of the City property taxes imposed on the dwelling. The credit continues from year to year, with determination of the continuing eligibility of the surviving spouse.
This program reduces your property taxes.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must be a surviving spouse of a “fallen hero.”
- You must apply before September 30th and provide proof of continuing eligibility.
- The tax credit cannot be combined with any other property tax credit.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.