Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake Homeownership Program
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake partners with a unique group of deserving individuals— hardworking people who make enough money to pay a monthly mortgage but not enough to qualify for traditional bank loans. This program extends the dream of homeownership to low and moderate income families, offering new and fully rehabilitated homes. Homebuyers are selected based on their ability to pay, need for decent housing, and willingness to partner.
- This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
- This program allows you to borrow money to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- You must meet household income requirements.
- Household income cannot exceed 80% AMI.
- You must provide proof of stable, verifiable employment and/or long-term stable benefits.
- You must meet credit requirements.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged for two or more years.
- You must demonstrate a need for better living conditions.
- You must invest a minimum of 250 hours of sweat equity, 200 hours of volunteer service, and 50 hours of homebuyer education.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
Riley Russell, Homeowner Outreach and Education Coordinator
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.