Home Improvement Property Tax Credit
The Home Improvement Property Tax Credit encourages homeowners to make improvements to their primary residence which increase the assessed value of the property. The program provides a 5-year tax credit with 100% relief from the increase in your city property tax in the first year; the credit declines 20% each year for the following four years.
This program reduces your property taxes.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- The property must experience an increase in assessed value of no more than $100,000 due to renovations.
- The credit is applied only to the increased value of the home due to the improvement.
- The credit can be transferred to subsequent owners within the 5 year period.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.