Admission and Amusement Tax Exemption
The Admission and Amusement Tax Exemption is designed to encourage artist activity in designated Arts and Entertainment (A&E) Districts. Baltimore City currently has four Arts and Entertainments (A&E) Districts: Station North, Highlandtown, Bromo Seltzer, and Pennsylvania Avenue. The 100% tax exemption relates to the admission and amusement tax on any gross receipts levied by a qualified residing artist or A&E enterprise. The exemption is for a period of 10 years from the date of registration with the Department of Finance.
This program provides a tax exemption of the admission and amusement tax for qualified applicants.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must be a Baltimore City resident artist or A&E enterprise living and operating in one of the four designated A&E districts.
- You must have a business that is subject to the admission and amusement tax.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Program Application with Terms & Conditions
Baltimore City Department of Finance
We're here to help.
Have more questions about this or other Baltimore City homeownership incentives? We're here to help! Send us an email or give us a call at (410) 637-3750. A Live Baltimore team member can walk you through your options.Contact Us
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.