Admission and Amusement Tax Exemption
The Admission and Amusement Tax Exemption is designed to encourage artist activity in designated Arts and Entertainment (A&E) Districts. Baltimore City currently has four Arts and Entertainments (A&E) Districts: Station North, Highlandtown, Bromo Seltzer, and Pennsylvania Avenue. The 100% tax exemption relates to the admission and amusement tax on any gross receipts levied by a qualified residing artist or A&E enterprise. The exemption is for a period of 10 years from the date of registration with the Department of Finance.
This program provides a tax exemption of the admission and amusement tax for qualified applicants.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must be a Baltimore City resident artist or A&E enterprise living and operating in one of the four designated A&E districts.
- You must have a business that is subject to the admission and amusement tax.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.