The Maryland HomeCredit Program provides a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCCs) which entitles eligible borrowers to take a federal income tax credit equal to 25% of the interest paid during that tax year on a mortgage loan covered by the MCC, up to a maximum of $2,000 per year. Borrowers can use the MD HomeCredit program in conjunction with select Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP) loans, or by utilizing an eligible loan offered by a MD HomeCredit-approved lender.
This program reduces your income taxes.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed Maryland Mortgage Program limits.
- Household income cannot exceed Maryland Mortgage Program limits.
- For purchases in Baltimore City, this program is not limited to first-time homebuyers.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, Maryland Mortgage Program
We're here to help.
Have more questions about this or other Baltimore City homeownership incentives? We're here to help! Send us an email or give us a call at (410) 637-3750. A Live Baltimore team member can walk you through your options.Contact Us
MMP MD HomeCredit Program - Approved Lenders
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.