The Maryland HomeCredit Program provides a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCCs) which entitles eligible borrowers to take a federal income tax credit equal to 25% of the interest paid during that tax year on a mortgage loan covered by the MCC, up to a maximum of $2,000 per year. Borrowers can use the MD HomeCredit program in conjunction with select Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP) loans, or by utilizing an eligible loan offered by a MD HomeCredit-approved lender.
This program reduces your income taxes.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed Maryland Mortgage Program limits.
- Household income cannot exceed Maryland Mortgage Program limits.
- For purchases in Baltimore City, this program is not limited to first-time homebuyers.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, Maryland Mortgage Program
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.