Maryland Mortgage Program HomeAbility
Maryland Mortgage Program HomeAbility is a special loan product designed to assist disabled Maryland homebuyers finance their home purchase.
This program allows you to borrow money to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before closing on your home.
- You must not own other properties at the time of closing
- You must live in this home as your primary residence
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed Maryland Mortgage Program limits.
- Household income cannot exceed 80% AMI.
- For purchases in Baltimore City, this program is not limited to first-time homebuyers
- Must be combined with certain Maryland Mortgage Program products.
- One of the borrowers is disabled; OR one of the borrowers is a guardian for, resides with, and is the principal caregiver for an immediate family member who is disabled (regardless of age).
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, Maryland Mortgage Program
We're here to help.
Have more questions about this or other Baltimore City homeownership incentives? We're here to help! Send us an email or give us a call at (410) 637-3750. A Live Baltimore team member can walk you through your options.Contact Us
Maryland Mortgage Program-Approved Lenders
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.