Buying Into Baltimore
The Buying Into Baltimore down payment and closing cost assistance incentive is awarded by lottery 10 business days after Live Baltimore’s Trolley Tour event. Twenty homebuyers will be selected to receive funds from a pool of eligible applicants. Homebuyers must attend and complete all requirements of the Trolley Tour event. Following the event, incentive applicants have 10 business days to make an offer on a home, have the offer accepted, obtain a contract of sale, and submit required paperwork to be eligible for the lottery drawing. No part of the contract process, including the initial offer to buy the home and all signatures between buyer and seller on a ratified contract may be signed prior to the Trolley Tour event date.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before making an offer on your home. *Homeownership certificates are temporarily valid for 18 months from the date of completion.
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- You must contribute at least $1,000 of your own money to your home purchase.
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed the current FHA mortgage limit of $517,500 for a single-family home.
- You must apply and be approved prior to closing on your home. Program funds are not retroactive.
- No household income restriction
- Not limited to first-time homebuyers
- Fixed-rate mortgages only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Baltimore City Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Homeownership
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.