Baltimore City Employee Homeownership Program
Learn about all city homebuying incentives, including the employee homeownership program, at Live Baltimore’s “Introduction to Homebuying Incentives” online workshop. Learn more and register here.
The Baltimore City Employee Homeownership Program is a benefit to all full-time, permanently employed individuals of Baltimore City agencies or quasi-City agencies. Eligible employees purchasing their home in Baltimore City should apply.
For a limited time, employees purchasing in 205 of the City’s most affordable neighborhoods will receive a doubled incentive of $10,000. Click here for an eligibility map and list of neighborhoods. The Incentive Enhancement is available through September 2024.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before making an offer on your home.
- You must contribute at least $1,000 of your own money to your home purchase.
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- Your mortgage amount for a single-family home cannot exceed the current FHA mortgage limit of $667,000.
- Fixed-rate mortgages only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted.
- No household income restriction
- Not limited to first-time homebuyers
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES & RESOURCES
Baltimore City Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Homeownership
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.