Live Near Your Work
The Live Near Your Work program is a partnership between Baltimore City and participating employers to encourage homeownership near places of employment. Baltimore City matches employers’ contributions between $1,000 and $2,500 in the form of a grant. The total amount of assistance depends on the employer’s participation.
This program reduces the amount of money you’ll need up-front to buy your home.
ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS
- You must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before making an offer on your home.
- You must live in this home as your primary residence.
- You must contribute at least $1,000 of your own money to your home purchase.
- Your employer must participate in this program.
- Your mortgage amount cannot exceed the current FHA mortgage limit of $517,500 for a single-family home.
- You must apply and be approved prior to closing on your home. Program funds are not retroactive.
- Fixed-rate mortgages only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner-financing are not permitted.
- Each participating employer may choose to limit their program by factors such as geographic area, employment status, income level, and other criteria. Contact your employer’s benefits administrator for full eligibility details.
We're here to help.
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.