Though Downtown encompasses a number of core Baltimore neighborhoods, the Downtown neighborhood is distinctly bound by Franklin Street and Lombard Street to the north and south, respectively, President Street to the east and Paca and Greene Streets to the west. As Baltimore's Central Business District, the area is home to many offices, commercial buildings and restaurants that cater to a heavy lunch crowd. More recently, the neighborhood has seen a number of new apartment developments catering to the urban professional that enjoys living in close proximity to work.
Nearby Public Transit
- BWI Airport....20 minutes
- Charles Center….5 minutes
- Penn Station….10 minutes
- Easy Access to Light Rail
- Easy Access to Metro Subway
- Easy Access to Major Highways
Meet Your Neighbors
Would you ask a New Yorker about living in L.A? (We didn’t think so.) When it comes to Baltimore, Baltimoreans know best. Community organization members and Live Baltimore’s Neighborhood Ambassadors are involved in their communities and love to talk about neighborhood happenings. Connect with a community organization or one of our ambassadors for an insider’s view of this city neighborhood.
Interested in becoming a Neighborhood Ambassador? Find out how.
Explore the Neighborhood
Explore more of this Baltimore City neighborhood. Want to see your images added? Share your photos on social media with us by using #iheartcitylife!
Is this page missing some information? Help us make it better
- Save your recommendations for later.
- Get access to our Financial Incentives Tool.
- Connect with a Live Baltimore staff member for a one-on-one consultation.
- Get a free I ♥ City Life bumper sticker.